Decoupled spin vectors A and B

In summary: This follows from the commutation relations between the generators, as stated in the conversation. Therefore, the equation holds by definition and the result is proven. In summary, by using the definitions of the tensor product and the commutation relations between the generators of rotations and boosts, it can be shown that the equation $$(m,n)(J_i+iK_i)=J^{(m)}_i\otimes I_n +I_m\otimes J^{(n)}_i$$ holds.
filip97
Let we have ##J_i \in{J_1,J_2,J_3}## ,and ##K_i \in{K_1,K_2,K_3}##, rotation and boost generators respectable .

##A_i=\cfrac{1}{2}(J_i+iK_i)##, and

##[A_i,A_j]=i\epsilon_{ijk}A_k##

##[K_i,K_j]=-i\epsilon_{ijk}J_k##

##[J_i,K_j]=-i\epsilon_{ijk}K_k##

How proof that ##(m,n)A_i=J^{(m)}_i\otimes I_n## ?

I was proof that ##(m,n)(J_i+iK_i)=J^{(m)}_i\otimes I_n +I_m\otimes J^{(n)}_i \neq J^{(m)}_i\otimes I_n##

by definition that ## (m,n)(J_i,K_i)=J^{(m)}_i\otimes I_n + I_m\otimes K^{(n)}_i##

I was read Weinberg QFT Foundations , page 253 .

Physics news on Phys.org
but i can't proof it .The result follows from the definition of the tensor product and the property that the generators of rotations and boosts commute with themselves. That is, the equation $$(m,n)(J_i+iK_i)=J^{(m)}_i\otimes I_n +I_m\otimes J^{(n)}_i$$holds because $$J_i\otimes I_n + I_m \otimes J_i = J_i\otimes I_n + I_m \otimes J_i$$ and $$K_i\otimes I_n + I_m \otimes K_i = K_i\otimes I_n + I_m \otimes K_i$$where $J_i$ and $K_i$ are the generators of rotations and boosts respectively.

1. What is the definition of decoupled spin vectors A and B?

Decoupled spin vectors A and B refer to two spin vectors that are not correlated or connected in any way. This means that the orientation or direction of one vector does not affect the orientation or direction of the other vector.

2. How are decoupled spin vectors A and B used in scientific research?

Decoupled spin vectors A and B are commonly used in studies of quantum mechanics and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR). They allow scientists to study the properties and interactions of individual spin systems without interference from other spin systems.

3. What is the significance of decoupled spin vectors A and B in understanding quantum phenomena?

Decoupled spin vectors A and B play a crucial role in understanding quantum phenomena because they allow scientists to isolate and manipulate individual spin systems. This is important in studying quantum entanglement, superposition, and other quantum effects.

4. How are decoupled spin vectors A and B created in experiments?

Decoupled spin vectors A and B are typically created using radiofrequency pulses in NMR experiments. These pulses can be used to selectively manipulate the orientation and direction of individual spin systems, resulting in decoupled spin vectors.

5. Can decoupled spin vectors A and B be used in practical applications?

Yes, decoupled spin vectors A and B have practical applications in fields such as medical imaging, where NMR techniques are used to produce detailed images of the body's internal structures. They are also used in the development of quantum technologies such as quantum computing and quantum cryptography.