Delete PMs? How to Get Rid of Private Messages

  • Thread starter Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 1K views
kyphysics
Messages
687
Reaction score
446
I am seeing the option to "select" specific PM conversations and then a "bar" with options pops up at the bottom of my screen. However, the list of things that can be done to selected private messages/conversations does not include deleting them.

Is there a way to delete them? Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think you can deleted them but you can "unjoin" them and I think that makes them disappear off your list.
 
Open your Conversations page, and you see a list of the Conversations in revers-chronological order. Each conversation has a check-box to the right side of the title or subject.

Now, far at the BOTTOM of the page, you should see a gray bar, "Conversations,..." which contains an Action Selection field with up&down arrows. Okay, I am lost. Now I have the same question as you do. How do we DELETE one or more of our Private Message Conversations?
 
phinds said:
I don't think you can deleted them but you can "unjoin" them and I think that makes them disappear off your list.

phinds said:
Well, you can do exactly what I said and they will disappear from your ken forever.
How do we make that "unjoin" selection?
 
Sorry, it's actually "leave"
1623115712793.png
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint