Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Democratic Debate November 15, 2007: CNN* in Las Vegas, NV

1. Nov 15, 2007 #1
    I keep missing these debates and just catching bits and pieces. Tonight I plan to catch all of it. Just one more debate after this one.

Democratic Debate November 15, 2007: CNN* in Las Vegas, NV
    http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/05/dnc_announces_d_2.php

...................................................................................

http://www.democrats.org/a/2006/08/highlights_of_t.php

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2007 #2
    FYI: Its on at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

In other news:

November 15, 2007
    Richardson nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

4. Nov 15, 2007 #3

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I wonder what questions will be asked. Will Hillary be asked about her health care program? Will they be asked about how they intend to deal with global warming? Will anyone ask about planted questions or staged interviews? Will they be asked about penalizing Pakistan for Musharraf's crackdown?

Las Vegas is the fastest growing city in the US and has the most immigrants (legal or otherwise). Will Blitzer ask Hillary about her immigration policy?

Should be a nail-biter.

5. Nov 16, 2007 #4
    I watched it, the first ten minutes was a head to head bash of Hillary verses Obama. Exciting but not what the Dem's really need, like hanging dirty laundry.

I don't think everyone got equal screen time, some of the lesser knowns were actually saying something of note.

My man Richardson did okay, but Wolf's way of turning around what he said made me a little angy as it was not fair.

Richardson was right in saying that supporting dictators and brutal regimes in the name of national security has only backfired on us. One needs only to look at the former Shah of Iran or our relationship with Turkey to figure this one out.

We will be a more secure nation if we put human rights and democracy first over short-sighted goals masked under the guise of national security.

Wolf Blitzer is an a$$ the way he twisted it.

Remember, Ronald Reagan supported Saddam Hussein and so did papa Bush

http://www.counterpunch.org/dixon06172004.html

6. Nov 16, 2007 #5

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

My favorite moment was when Edwards said that he would appoint supreme court justices that make rulings of the type that would require them to use bodyguards!

7. Nov 16, 2007 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

8. Nov 16, 2007 #7

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Kucinich could do four times better if he just changed his name to 'No Opinion'.

9. Nov 16, 2007 #8
    What is interesting is that no mater what the question the responses are the same. Given the length of the survey I'm sure I'd just keep saying the same name over and over just to speed things up too.

Clinton, clear on issues and honest?

Like when?

That poll was released late in the day, one day before the debate, I wonder if anyone in Nevada has changed their mind now?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  10. Nov 16, 2007 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There were two moments that caught my attention: One was the huge cheer when Kucinich called for Bush and Cheney to be impeached. The other was when the candidate's heads snapped up to the cheer that followed Kucinich's call to end NAFTA.

11. Nov 16, 2007 #10
    When Wolfie said, "now that we have heard from all the candidates on that question, we will move on to the next one" ..............Dennis reminded Wolfie that he had passed him up. Instead of dwelling on it Denny answered the lost question and answered the second question in a short and concise manner.

Where Dennis messed up was touting over and over again that he was the only one with a voting record against the war and a few other things. Richardson corrected him, and I'm sure was not please with Dennis quipping remarks whiles others were speaking.

All in all, past the first ten minutes everyone was pretty well behaved.

When Obama and Edwards sniped Hillary the crowd showed their disapproval of such things. Richardson came quite close to getting the same treatment for even mentioning others even when not really bashing them.

I thought Hillary was full of herself when she said the others are attacking her because she is ahead. Ahead in the polls means nothing, just ask Howard Dean about that.

Polls don't vote, people do.

The media tries to make this whole situation out to be Hillary all out in front by herself. Then when things might be boring they say Obama is on her heels. Then they dust off Edwards and call it a three way heat, leaving Richardson out of it. The media sucks, I hate the way this game is played on us.

12. Nov 18, 2007 #11
    I wish they'd ask Biden more questions. That guy's hilarious!

13. Nov 18, 2007 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes.

14. Nov 20, 2007 #13

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

All six of CNN's "undecided voters" were Democratic operatives

I guess CNN and the DNC took a page from the FEMA book of news conference strategies...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?