Derive 6 Help with Laplace Transforms

In summary, the individual is seeking guidance on using Derive 6 to solve for the closed loop gain A/B in a circuit, specifically using Laplace Transforms. They mention that they can solve the problem manually but it is tedious and prone to mistakes. The solution involves simple algebraic substitution using the transfer functions of the forward and feedback blocks.
BIGEYE
I am new to Derive 6 and Laplace Transforms. Is it possible to solve the closed loop gain A/B of the attached loop using Derive 6. If it is possible, can someone guide me through the steps using Derive, as the problems that lie ahead will be much more complex, and I want to use Derive in the future.

TIA

Attachments

• cct1.JPG
    cct1.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 467
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Not sure I'm fully understanding what you're asking, but assuming you underdstand how to find the closed loop transfer function in general then it's just a matter of substitution.

That is, H_cl = F/(1+F R)

Where F = Ka Km / (s (1+ sT)) and R = Ki in the example you post.

Let me try again!

I made a complete balls of that question, everything was wrong. Let me try again, I have to evaluate the closed loop gain of the loop C/R, using the laplace operator s.
The correct circuit is attached.
I can do this problem manually, but it is very tedious and easy to amke a mistake. I want to know how this can be done using Derive 6, if someone can show me the steps.

TIA

Attachments

• OC1.JPG
    OC1.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 459
Well I can't yet see that attachment becasue it's still pending approval but I hope you understand the basic concept here. All you need is simple alegraic substitution, that's it!

It's trivial to show that the closed loop transfer function is F(s)/(1+ F(s)*R(s)). Where F(s) is the transfer function of forward block and R(s) is the transfer function of the feedback block (and * is just normal multiplication). So just subst in the appropriate expressions for F and R, it couldn't be much simpler.

1. What is Derive 6?

Derive 6 is a software program developed by Texas Instruments that helps users solve mathematical problems, including Laplace transforms.

2. How do I access the Laplace transform function in Derive 6?

To access the Laplace transform function in Derive 6, click on the "Calculus" menu and then select "Laplace Transform" from the list of options.

3. Can Derive 6 help me with solving complex Laplace transform problems?

Yes, Derive 6 has advanced capabilities that allow it to handle complex Laplace transform problems with ease. It can handle problems involving piecewise functions, multiple variables, and more.

4. Is there a tutorial or guide for using Derive 6 with Laplace transforms?

Yes, there are many online tutorials and guides available for using Derive 6 with Laplace transforms. You can also refer to the user manual or seek help from the software's support team.

5. Can I export the results of my Laplace transform calculations from Derive 6 to other programs?

Yes, Derive 6 allows you to export your results to other programs, such as Microsoft Excel, for further analysis or integration into other projects.