Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Describe A Painting To Go With This Title #2

1. Dec 10, 2006 #1
    This is a kind of creativity exercise, but is the opposite of trying to find a title for a photo or painting.

People did a great job on the last one, "Jamie's Cruel Bubble":

so I thought we could try it again.

This time the title is "Sara's Bright Red Idea". "Sara's Bright Red Idea" is the name of a very successful painting that doesn't exist on canvass. Your job is to ponder this title, and then describe the painting that goes with it. Could be representational, abstract, surreal, anything, just describe the best painting this title elicits from your imagination.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2008 #2
    I'm not a serious painter or anything; I'm just painting a friend of mine a painting for Christmas. The picture is of various very colorful and bright Christmas ornaments in a box. The last time I painted was last year in my high school Art 1 class and my teacher told everyone to first sketch the drawing on the canvas and then takes a very thin brush and outlines the sketch with black paint. Was the outline to just further accentuate the picture or is it necessary?
  4. Dec 15, 2008 #3
    How can I mix acrylic paint to match Photoshop ?

How can I mix acrylic paint to match Photoshop ? I'm trying to recreate some of my Photoshop illustrations through silk screening. How can I mix acrylic paints to match the colours on the screen, using the colour's data value ?
    Keyword Elite
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  5. Dec 15, 2008 #4
    I see a beautiful young lady, let's call her Sara, as she lies in a field of wildflowers. She looks up dreamily at the clouds made red by the sunset. She is obviously thinking about her lover, let's call him Jimmy, who stands nearby. His mind is clearly focused on an incensed art critic, let's call her Mrs. Snyder, who ... Oh, sorry, this is supposed to be serious right?
  6. Dec 15, 2008 #5

Gold Member

I thought Zoobie posted here again! Where is he?
  7. Dec 15, 2008 #6
    I see a lady (Sara) in a barn with the appearence of Biblical times. She is kneeling down in the barn, and there is another person in the barn with her with a beard, white hair, but the top of his head is bald. He is wearing a red fuzzy coat, and Sara is holding a hat, and putting it on the man.

Sara has created the first Santa.
  8. Dec 16, 2008 #7
    I'm thinking my idea may be a bit too morbid but...

I see a close up of Sara's face with a small slackjawed mouth, eyes wide and transfixed with the bright red beads of blood forming as she cuts across her arm with a razor blade.

Sorry, I think it has to do with the Saras that I have known.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?