1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Describe the whole world of physics

1. Jan 31, 2007 #1
    I am working on creating an online interactive map resource allowing everyone to add information related to physics to any location on the globe.

If any one could provide address / Google map link for places which are related to field of physics that will be a great help for me

Thanks in Advance
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2007 #2
  4. Jan 31, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most physics research happens at universities. Your map will be ignoring the biggest chunk of physics research unless you include an option for universities.
  5. Jan 31, 2007 #4
    Thank you for your valuable opinion, we added university category to Physics Globe.

6. Feb 7, 2007 #5

Does any one know the mailing address/contact details for department of physics at
    Caltech - California Institute of Technology

And also where can I find a short description about their physics program,
  7. Feb 7, 2007 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

8. Feb 7, 2007 #7
    Thank you for your information, we added Caltech to World of Physics Map
  9. Feb 7, 2007 #8
  10. Feb 7, 2007 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You're welcome. It's very easy to "guess" the websites of universities, and then follow the links from the main page!
  11. Feb 7, 2007 #10
    Google is a pretty fascinating feature of the internet as well. I am a bit worried about this program you are setting up if you have a hard time finding the Caltech website! (just kidding)

Google took me about 20 seconds from the time I opened my browser, typed www.google.com and searched for Caltech Physics Department.

Just giving some advice to help expedite the process so you guys don't have to wait around looking for universities.
  12. Feb 7, 2007 #11
    I found the site easily but couldn’t find any where they have listed their mailing address, finally I found it on one page at the footer image.

Did you found physics department mailing address?
  13. Feb 7, 2007 #12
    the best option for finding an email address for any department is to find the department heads email adress (listed under the contact page usually) and email him with your request.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?