Description of Titan and Potential Approaches to its Exploration

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
12,708
TL;DR
What is known of Titan, a moon of Saturn and How it Might be Explored in the Future
Titan's geology (involving a lot of organic molecules) is briefly described and possible appproaches to its exploration are discussed, in this NY Times article.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.06.44 AM.png
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I read that NASA and ESA have planned to launch Titan Saturn System Mission. The project was created in 2009, but its implementation was postponed due to certain reasons. Nowadays, all space agencies are obsessed with Mars exploration, but I hope they'll continue exploring other important space objects. The launch of Titan Saturn System will be between 2020-2029. I suppose that scientists will find something interesting there.