Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Designing a world based of the four Greek elements

1. Aug 17, 2016 #1
    Hey, didn't know where to turn and thought this might be a good start.

I've been designing a world for the last six years based of the four Greek elements; earth, air, water, fire and H'teal. (Transfer and absorption of biological energy, life and death combined)
    The main three bad and good guys have power over the strong nuclear force and so can combine and split atoms, kind of like alchemy, (Without stuff blowing up or radiating, or whatever would happen)
    What powers do you think someone who could control the other "stuff" on the standard model have, more importantly photons and electrons. I'm thinking the nuclear force guy has control over gluons, things like having power over a up quark might be to obscure to really think on but I enjoy trying to think about this kind of stuff. I've only studied this out of personal interest so my knowledge is limited. Not expecting much back on this but just trying it out, hopefully here from you!
    Yours gratefully James.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2016 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I'm confused. If your elements are just the 5 you mention, where do Standard Model particles come from? Are they somehow NOT fundamental elements in your universe?

4. Aug 17, 2016 #3
    Ah get the confusion.
    The five elements are the main people, they control everything that is, for example earth people control; earth, rock, sand, metal, iron, steel, gold etc. Expanding my universe a bit, all the standard models of science still stand. These people control the basic elements on the table that have one of the states of matter at room temperature. These other people I've created and querying about is the people above them, who have special powers.
    Thanks for the reply! James.

5. Aug 17, 2016 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Earth + Air = Smog
    Fire + Water = Tequila

(with apologies to Tom Weller)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted