Designing a world based of the four Greek elements

In summary, James has been designing a world based off of the four Greek elements - earth, air, water, and fire. He discusses the three bad and good guys that have power over the strong nuclear force, and theorizes that someone with control over these other people could have powerful photons and electrons.
Djambo Hayward
Hey, didn't know where to turn and thought this might be a good start.

I've been designing a world for the last six years based of the four Greek elements; earth, air, water, fire and H'teal. (Transfer and absorption of biological energy, life and death combined)
The main three bad and good guys have power over the strong nuclear force and so can combine and split atoms, kind of like alchemy, (Without stuff blowing up or radiating, or whatever would happen)
What powers do you think someone who could control the other "stuff" on the standard model have, more importantly photons and electrons. I'm thinking the nuclear force guy has control over gluons, things like having power over a up quark might be to obscure to really think on but I enjoy trying to think about this kind of stuff. I've only studied this out of personal interest so my knowledge is limited. Not expecting much back on this but just trying it out, hopefully here from you!
Yours gratefully James.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm confused. If your elements are just the 5 you mention, where do Standard Model particles come from? Are they somehow NOT fundamental elements in your universe?

phinds said:
I'm confused. If your elements are just the 5 you mention, where do Standard Model particles come from? Are they somehow NOT fundamental elements in your universe?
phinds said:
Ah get the confusion.
The five elements are the main people, they control everything that is, for example Earth people control; earth, rock, sand, metal, iron, steel, gold etc. Expanding my universe a bit, all the standard models of science still stand. These people control the basic elements on the table that have one of the states of matter at room temperature. These other people I've created and querying about is the people above them, who have special powers.
Thanks for the reply! James.

Earth + Air = Smog
Fire + Water = Tequila

(with apologies to Tom Weller)

Likes phinds

1. How can the four Greek elements be incorporated into the design of a world?

The four Greek elements - earth, air, fire, and water - can be incorporated into the design of a world by creating environments that reflect each element. This can include landscapes, weather patterns, and cultural beliefs and practices that revolve around these elements.

2. How can balance be achieved when designing a world based on the four Greek elements?

Balance can be achieved by ensuring that each element has equal representation and influence in the world. This can be achieved through a careful distribution of resources, power, and cultural significance among the elements.

3. What are some challenges in designing a world based on the four Greek elements?

Some challenges in designing a world based on the four Greek elements include ensuring that the elements are integrated seamlessly and realistically, avoiding cultural appropriation, and addressing potential conflicts between the elements.

4. How can the four Greek elements be used to create a unique and immersive world?

The four Greek elements can be used to create a unique and immersive world by incorporating them into all aspects of the world, such as language, architecture, and mythology. This will create a cohesive and immersive experience for the audience.

5. How can the four Greek elements be used to add depth and symbolism to a world?

The four Greek elements can be used to add depth and symbolism to a world by representing different aspects of the human experience. For example, earth can symbolize stability and grounding, while air can represent freedom and fluidity. This adds layers of meaning to the world and its inhabitants.