Determine Initial Velocity of Rocket: Range 300 km, Height 100 km

  • Thread starter Thread starter swirly90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Projectiles
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
swirly90
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
The question is A rocket has the range of 300 km and the max. height of 100km. Determine the initial velocity. How do I figure this out?

I know you have to find out vertical and horizontal componets but I don't think I know how to do that.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No it doesn't it, its part of your suppose to figure out.
 
when you are figuring out time do you use d=Vi(t)+1/2At^2 but alter it to find time?
 
Write down the relevant equations for vertical component and horizontal component of velocity, time of flight, maximum height and maximum range.