Determine the rate of reaction with respect to I-

  • Thread starter Thread starter blicker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rate Reaction
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
blicker
Messages
19
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


-------Solution1:-----Solution2:-----Solution3:---------- Solution4:-----Solution5:--------------- Solution6:
Exp. 0.200M KI-----2% starch-----0.020M Na2S2O3 -----water----0.050M acetate buffer -----0.40M H2O2


1-----2.00mL ----- 1mL --------- 1.00mL ---------------5mL --------- 10mL ------------------ 1.00mL
2-----4.00mL ----- 1mL --------- 1.00mL ---------------3mL --------- 10mL ------------------ 1.00mL
3-----2.00mL ----- 1mL ---------1.00mL ----------- ---4mL --------- 10mL --------- --------- 2.00mL

there were 3 experients and these were the recorded times:

Ex.1 Trail1=166s
Trial2=149s

Ex. 2 Trail1=48s
Trail2=55s

Ex.3 Trail1=5s
Trail2=8s

Homework Equations


The information I am given says that I- and S2O3^2- react in a 1:1 ratio resulting in Δ[I-]=ΔS2O3^2-]. How do i find the concentration of S2O3^2- when its not given? its not listed in the concentrations above, so do i have to calculate it from one of the concentrations and experiments above? if so, how would i do that?


The Attempt at a Solution


I know rateI=-Δ[S2O3^2-]/time
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You know how much substance is present, you know total volume of the solution, you know everything you need to calculate the initial concentration. When everything is given, it is as if you were given the concentration itself.