Did Bush's call help the US beat Czech Republic in soccer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    States
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
23 replies · 4K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,120
Bush Calls the Team: "Give 'em Hell"

----------------Keller----------------

----------Onyewu---Pope------------
--Dolo-------------------------Lewis-

----------Mastro----Reyna-----------
---------------Donovan--------------

--Beasley--------------------Convey-
----------------McBride--------------
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo on Czech ...

(sorry, I have money on them to win)
 
I don't know if Reyna's leg is good again. McBride is reliable, as usual (why wouldn't he be; he is, after all, of the Columbus Crew) but he's getting old. It all comes down to Donovan and Beasley.
 
1:0 Czech... You arent going to get anywhere with the long ball...
 
Koller is off.. Wont make a difference tho... Hope he is ok. Czech look great...
 
Reyna's shot brought a roomfull of "ooh"s in my dept. They are showing the game on the big screen at the seminar hall! :approve:
 
Bunch of old men, eh Greg? :-p

The USA were suprisingly impressive midway through the first half. The passing and movement was good, they didn't give any space and played the offside trap well. Reyna came so close to scoring.

I think the czech can play even better in the second half. Nedved is just hitting top gear. Rosicky is world class! What a goal! Sad Koller got injured though. It looked serious.
 
I think the czech can play even better in the second half. Nedved is just hitting top gear. Rosicky is world class! What a goal! Sad Koller got injured though. It looked serious.
He walked out the stadium, unattended.. and gave a thumbs up, hope he is ok...
 
Finnished... Cezch's look really good.. And the 2nd half was without 2 key players...
 
Anttech said:
3:0 ... Completely outclassed
Routed is the term being used for the US. Not off to a good start.

the United States might have a very short tournament stay this year.
RONALD BLUM, AP Sports Writer
 
Six yellow cards for a very sportive game. The ref's are eager to deal in this cup.
 
GO CZECH! I've always loved this team since Euro 2004 (shame they lost to greece) Excellent teamwork, never falling back, excellent defence. Nedved gave good and accurate passing shots for top class delivary.

Shame Milan Barosh wasn't on.
 
no deny, US' number 17 in his yellow shoes is a super 'runner'
 
no deny, US' number 17 in his yellow shoes is a super 'runner'

Perhaps he should go training for the track and field then :smile: :smile: :smile:
 
Last edited:
Just one more goal by the Czechs, I would have won 2 points! Great match by the Czechs.
 
To think I recorded this game and avoided catching the result, just so I could enjoy every single second of the game when I got home in the evening. :frown: Worse yet, when the tape finally came to an end and my misery was finally ended ... Noooo! :eek: ... the TV is still set to ESPN2, which was rebroadcasting the entire miserable game for those who had to work during the day! (It took a nightmarish second to realize what was happening - at first I couldn't figure out why stopping the tape wasn't working.)

Enough to send a person running from the room screaming in horror.
 
I think the expectations on this US team were too high. The Czechs are one of the best teams around. I thought the USA lacked some determination and some luck while, on the other hand, the Czechs had very high efficiency. I'm not giving up on the USA yet.