Did Saddam really say that about water and the bathroom?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 3K views
zoobyshoe
Messages
6,514
Reaction score
1,255
Anyone speak "Dictator"?

I heard on CNN that while interogating Saddam they asked him if he would like a glass of water. Saddam replied:"No. If I drink a glass of water I will have to go to the bathroom, and how can I go to the bathroom when my people are in bondage?"

Translation?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I heard on CNN that while interogating Saddam they asked him if he would like a glass of water. Saddam replied:"No. If I drink a glass of water I will have to go to the bathroom, and how can I go to the bathroom when my people are in bondage?"

Translation?

Ah, common misconception. In dictator-ese, "my people" and "my bowels" are synonymous.
 
I think next years winner of "Crackpot of the Year" should be forced to adopt this as their signature quote.
 
I will now refer to my genitals as "my people" - and no, I will not have "my people" contact "your people".

Njorl
 
Originally posted by Njorl
- and no, I will not have "my people" contact "your people".
 
How Gullible Are You Guys?

Oh sure, Saddam said that when offered a glass of water. Thats true, because it was on CNN.

After all, according to CNN;
- He was in a SPIDER HOLE (very apt, must've worked for hours on that one).
- He GAVE HIMSELF UP (implying that he's a coward).
- Suddenly all this horse**** comes out about fantastic rates of Iraqi casualties under Saddam (with about as much proof as that provided for the "weapons of mass destruction" argument).

I also saw on CNN a while ago a lovely interview where a former Vietnam War commanding officer (very highly placed) STILL CLAIMED that the US did not invade South Vietnam.
Lets rewrite history guys, so that it can suit the winners. Hang on, CNN has already done that...
 


Originally posted by Nommos Prime (Dogon)
Oh sure, Saddam said that when offered a glass of water. Thats true, because it was on CNN.

After all, according to CNN;

- He GAVE HIMSELF UP (implying that he's a coward).

So you think that when they opened up the door (or whatever it'd be called) to his little underground lair, that he attempted to attack or run from the soldiers?
 


Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I heard on CNN that while interogating Saddam they asked him if he would like a glass of water. Saddam replied:"No. If I drink a glass of water I will have to go to the bathroom, and how can I go to the bathroom when my people are in bondage?"

Translation?
Lets see… He’s so used to urinating and defecating on his subjects that he’s unsure how to use modern plumbing?
 


Originally posted by BoulderHead
Lets see… He’s so used to urinating and defecating on his subjects that he’s unsure how to use modern plumbing?
 
Scratch My Back

As predicted, the CIA will be "interrogating" Saddam. They expect it will take six months (at least).
Interesting how a former CIA employee who was officially on their payroll (Saddam Hussein), can be interviewed by a former employer. Very interesting.
 
Geeesh. Save it for the politics forum Nommos. Unless you're speaking "dictator" too?