Did Scott Brown's Win Signal a Shift in American Political Landscape?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
65 replies · 11K views
As a great man once said, "A man never lost money betting against the intelligence of the American voter."

I say "a great man" because I can't remember who said it. If it turns out to be someone like Hitler,
I'm sorry.

However, IMHO, the point is correct, and "IMHO" should always follow and be followed by a comma.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I thought this was interesting.

MS. VALERIE JARRETT said:
Look, the fact of the matter is, you're right, it was a stunning victory. But the people in Massachusetts already have healthcare reform. In fact, Senator Brown voted for the healthcare reform that Massachusetts has. He said he wouldn't vote to repeal it...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35014151/ns/meet_the_press/ns/meet_the_press

So maybe this really was about health care after all. :biggrin: Massachusetts already has universal health care and Brown supports it.
 
You mean he supported. Joseph Loserman... er, I mean Lieberman used to support health care too.

I'm no Democrat, but Joe Lieberman (and Arlen Specter, to be fair) sickens me. Can you guess why?
 
Char. Limit said:
You mean he supported. Joseph Loserman... er, I mean Lieberman used to support health care too.

I'm no Democrat, but Joe Lieberman (and Arlen Specter, to be fair) sickens me. Can you guess why?
No, but the anticipation is killing me. :!)
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I thought this was interesting.


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35014151/ns/meet_the_press/ns/meet_the_press

So maybe this really was about health care after all. :biggrin: Massachusetts already has universal health care and Brown supports it.

Healthcare was definitely one of the issues involved. Brown's position is that universal healthcare that covers basic healthcare needs should be a state issue, like public education, not something the national government handles.

Brown says that Massachusetts should reform its healthcare program and make it a model so that other states can copy it (although from what I have read it has too many problems to be copied anytime soon though).
 
Nebula815 said:
Healthcare was definitely one of the issues involved. Brown's position is that universal healthcare that covers basic healthcare needs should be a state issue, like public education, not something the national government handles.
A believer in constitutional federalism elected in a Massachusetts election?! To Kennedy's seat? I know I'm dreaming all this now. :smile:

I guess I have no choice but to rethink what I [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE] thought about [STRIKE]The People's Republic of[/STRIKE] Massachusetts. :!)