Did You Ace This Trivia Quiz? 100% Scored!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Quiz
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Nine out of ten.

I've always seen "sanguine" used in reference to stress. I thought it meant more "calm", than "cheerful".
 
You answered correctly 7 out of 10 questions. This is equivalent to 70 %.

Your grade is
BPretty good for random guessing :smile:
 
I dislike trivia like that focuses on word-meanings. Not everyone speaks the same (English) language and what some word means is meaningless (insignificant).
 
verty said:
I dislike trivia like that focuses on word-meanings. Not everyone speaks the same (English) language and what some word means is meaningless (insignificant).
awww, I'll find something easier for non native english speakers.
 
Last edited:
Results of your quiz

You answered correctly 9 out of 10 questions. This is equivalent to 90 %.

Your grade is
A+

I got sanguine wrong too (I should have read the rest of the posts first, because t_e's clue would have helped!)

Thanks to Brewie for teaching me the meaning of Bubble and Squeak! :biggrin:

And, I've never heard the expression "ab ovo" before...only my knowledge of Latin provided sufficient clues to get it right (only one somewhat matches the literal translation).
 
7/10

On a better note, the three I got wrong were all "I don't Know." I know what I know!
 
You answered correctly 7 out of 10 questions. This is equivalent to 70 %.

Your grade is
B
 
9 out of 10. Didn't know the bubble and squeak thing. Still don't, and won't.
 
Moonbear said:
And, I've never heard the expression "ab ovo" before...
I thought you were a girl. You ovulate all the time. What is the problem?
 
Cabbage and potatoes... pah, rubbish! It's actually all the vegetables left over after a roast dinner! Which is not usually very much if I've had anything to do with eating.
 
brewnog said:
Cabbage and potatoes... pah, rubbish! It's actually all the vegetables left over after a roast dinner! Which is not usually very much if I've had anything to do with eating.
Yeah, but that was at least the closest choice...it included potatoes and a vegetable. I've come to really enjoy bubble and squeak, and every once in a while make extra vegetables with dinner just so I can make it the next day. :approve: It's definitely got a great comfort food quality to it. Perfect for gray, rainy days (I guess you need a lot of foods that fit that requirement in Britain). :biggrin: