Diluting Solution: How to Achieve 1:10 Ratio with 7ml Ethanol and 3.2gm Leaf

  • Thread starter Thread starter rovaniemi
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
rovaniemi
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I have a problem than I need to figure out.

I have added 7ml ethanol to 3.2 gm leaf(any leaf)

I have been told to dilute the solution to 1:10 ratio. How to do it?

Could you all please help me?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Now you have a solution right? To dilute the solution 10 times, add 10 times the solvent to it...
 
Abhilash H N said:
Now you have a solution right? To dilute the solution 10 times, add 10 times the solvent to it...

Close, but wrong. Adding 10 volumes of solvent would dilute the solution 11 times.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
Borek said:
Close, but wrong. Adding 10 volumes of solvent would dilute the solution 11 times.

So I believe we have to add 9 times the solvent, sorry for that mistake...