Disadvantages of CO2 Scrubbers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nst.john
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Co2
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
nst.john
Messages
163
Reaction score
1
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I figured chemical engineering would be best for this. I wanted to know what kind of disadvantages there are for today's CO2 scrubbers and how they can be improved. I am wondering this because I am doing a clean tech competition and would like to focus on removing greenhouse gases from the atmosphere. If you can tell me any disadvantages or any other technologies to look into for this topic please let me know!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
nst.john said:
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I figured chemical engineering would be best for this. I wanted to know what kind of disadvantages there are for today's CO2 scrubbers and how they can be improved. I am wondering this because I am doing a clean tech competition and would like to focus on removing greenhouse gases from the atmosphere. If you can tell me any disadvantages or any other technologies to look into for this topic please let me know!

I think there are two main disadvantages:

(1) It costs money and nobody wants to pay for it.
(2) Once you have collected the CO2, you have to put it somewhere. Where will you put it?
 
Thanks. It's good to try to solve these problems,not easy but maybe possible