Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Discussing new ideas without breaking Forum rules

  1. Jan 18, 2012 #1
    I work as staff at a community college (state college starting this year, still getting used to the name change) tutoring lab and have had some ideas on a physical theory. I have shown my ideas to the Physics professor, who asked me what I am still doing here, I should be somewhere where I can discuss my ideas with people qualified to asses them.

    I have written up my ideas, including the testable differences with the current theories, and had them returned from two journals without review. It has been submitted to a third.

    Forum rules here prohibit the discussion of non-published theories. Where can I go to just have someone provide constructive criticism for my theory?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2012 #2
    I suppose this post is now moot, as the paper has become reference number 420257 at Classical and Quantum [STRIKE]Physics[/STRIKE]Gravity.

    It should be interesting to here what the reviewers have to say!

    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  4. Jan 18, 2012 #3
    Discussing of personal theories isn't allowed anywhere on physicsforums. However, I'm sure a simple google search will bring up forums where such a thing is allowed.
  5. Jan 18, 2012 #4


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    What is "Classical and Quantum Physics"? Nothing comes up in Google and it's not in the master journal list.
  6. Jan 18, 2012 #5


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Perhaps meant is "Classical and Quantum Gravity", a major journal.
  7. Jan 18, 2012 #6
    I am now content waiting for the reviewers opinions.

    Had I not received the e-mail between my original post and second post, I would have asked for a recommendation for such a forum. Few forums have the quality of discussion I have witnessed here.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook