Is there a way to Search for Badge Holders?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmax137
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
22 replies · 4K views
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Messages
3,212
Reaction score
3,841
The Paul Hinds thread points out that members who have passed receive a badge ("Dearly Missed"). I got to wondering what other members have been given this badge. Is there a way to search by badge? To see who are the Dearly Missed, who are the Science Advisors, the Homework Helpers...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexB23 and OmCheeto
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
I don't know of a way to search for badges, but I do remember that @jim hardy has the Dearly Missed badge.
And Vanadium50, Marcus.
 
Wolram (edit), I didn't know him though, I came across a thread and saw the dearly missed badge.
 
Last edited:
Arildno
 
  • Care
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and pinball1970
OmCheeto said:
Arildno
Before I joined, but his passing touched me when I read the RIP thread.
 
And this list is only of both notable members, and members whose families (probably respected one of one's dying wishes) made the information available to Greg or directly to the community. I can only hope that all PF active members have a well over 80 yo life expectancy.
 
  • Agree
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexB23, pinball1970, Greg Bernhardt and 1 other person
dextercioby said:
And this list is only of both notable members, and members whose families (probably respected one of one's dying wishes) made the information available to Greg or directly to the community.
There is no doubt we've lost many more and we'll never get a notice. :cry:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
There is no doubt we've lost many more and we'll never get a notice. :cry:
Evo is not on the list. Is she still with us?
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and dextercioby
BillTre said:
Evo is not on the list. Is she still with us?
Yes, I believe so. She has been very busy with other things in her life, but we do communicate every once in a while.
 
  • Like
  • Agree
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Borek, Greg Bernhardt, pinball1970 and 1 other person
berkeman said:
Yes, I believe so. She has been very busy with other things in her life, but we do communicate every once in a while.
Good.
Let her know people are thinking of her.
 
  • Like
  • Care
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
gmax137 said:
The Paul Hinds thread points out that members who have passed receive a badge ("Dearly Missed"). I got to wondering what other members have been given this badge. Is there a way to search by badge? To see who are the Dearly Missed, who are the Science Advisors, the Homework Helpers...
I have been wondering this as well. A search filter for badge holders would make it easier for people to find mods to ask a question or even find the Dearly Missed.
 
Forgive me but this sounds a little like a task for an AI. Google already has this thing where you can write "site:physicsforums.com something" and it'll search physicsforums only.
 
sbrothy said:
Forgive me but this sounds a little like a task for an AI. Google already has this thing where you can write "site:physicsforums.com something" and it'll search physicsforums only.
Agreed, but AI would need to know the generic HTML code for the badges. I am not sure the TOS here for AI web crawling.
 
sbrothy said:
Aren't there some of them that can recognize pictures?
True, but those are paid ones.
 
Oh... Well, there you go. That's the measure of my involvement.
 
sbrothy said:
Oh... Well, there you go. That's the measure of my involvement.
Yeah, I am not gonna used the closed source ones either, if I can't help it. Open source is better.
 
AlexB23 said:
A search filter for badge holders would make it easier for people to find mods to ask a question
As far as the list of Moderators/Mentors, that is in the INFO/Members/Staff Members list.
 
berkeman said:
As far as the list of Moderators/Mentors, that is in the INFO/Members/Staff Members list.
Yeah, I saw that one. So, we have that one covered.