Display and typing problems in Android

• Thread starter Hawkingo
  • Start date
In summary, the user is experiencing issues with the mobile version of the Physics Forums website on an Android device. The site does not display all content in portrait mode, but displays most content in landscape mode. The MYPF expansion is not complete in landscape mode. Additionally, there is a problem with the auto correct feature while typing in the text box. The user hopes for these issues to be fixed in order for the community to become the best physics community in the world. It is suggested to enable the "Request Desktop Site" option on Chrome for a better experience. The website plans to do a full design audit by the end of the year which may fix some of these issues.
Hawkingo
In android the site doesn't show all content like image related to thread,in forums page the details (no.of views,replies etc), alerts and inbox switch at corner and a lot of things in the portait mode(less convenient than landscape) but shows almost everything in landscape mode and in landscape mode the MYPF expansion is not complete.
Another major problem is in typing that the auto correct feature doesn't work while typing in this box . Please fix these guys.
I want to see this community as the best physics community in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you provide some context? Are you talking about PF as shown on an Android app like tapatalk? or in a mobile browser?

jedishrfu said:
Can you provide some context? Are you talking about PF as shown on an Android app like tapatalk? or in a mobile browser?
I am talking about Google chrome browser on android device sir.

Okay so you're getting the mobile version of PF which is a stripped down version to conserve bandwidth and respect what most mobile devices can display.

@Greg Bernhardt could answer this better.

Hawkingo said:
In android the site doesn't show all content like image related to thread,in forums page the details (no.of views,replies etc), alerts and inbox switch at corner and a lot of things in the portait mode(less convenient than landscape) but shows almost everything in landscape mode and in landscape mode the MYPF expansion is not complete.
Another major problem is in typing that the auto correct feature doesn't work while typing in this box . Please fix these guys.
I want to see this community as the best physics community in the world.
These things are not supported in the mobile view. Since I use PF on Chrome android, I know this. Simply enable "Request Desktop Site" option from the three dots in the top right corner of the page, and you're good to go!

Likes russ_watters
End of the year we're going to do a full design audit. Many mobile issues will be fixed.

Likes Hawkingo
Greg Bernhardt said:
End of the year we're going to do a full design audit. Many mobile issues will be fixed.
Thanks

Hawkingo said:
Another major problem is in typing that the auto correct feature doesn't work while typing in this box .
This is a feature of your device, not the website. The website doesn't have any auto correction, your operating system should provide that.

1. Why is my Android device's display blurry or distorted?

There are several potential reasons for a blurry or distorted display on an Android device. It could be due to a software issue, such as outdated display drivers or a glitch in the operating system. It could also be caused by physical damage to the screen, such as cracks or scratches. Additionally, certain display settings, such as brightness or screen resolution, could be affecting the clarity of the display.

2. How can I fix touch screen sensitivity issues on my Android device?

If you are experiencing problems with the touch screen on your Android device, there are a few steps you can take to try to improve sensitivity. First, make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or liquid. You can also adjust the touch screen sensitivity settings in your device's settings menu. If these steps do not work, it could be a hardware issue and you may need to have your device checked by a professional.

3. My Android device's keyboard is not working. What can I do?

If your keyboard is not functioning properly on your Android device, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. First, make sure your device's software is up to date. You can also try clearing the cache and data for your keyboard app. If that doesn't work, you can try using a different keyboard app or performing a factory reset on your device.

4. Why is my Android device's screen not responding to touch?

If your Android device's screen is not responding to touch, there could be a few potential causes. It could be a software issue, such as a glitch in the operating system or a problem with the touch screen drivers. It could also be due to physical damage to the screen or a malfunctioning touch screen sensor. If none of the troubleshooting steps work, it may be necessary to have your device repaired or replaced.

5. How can I prevent display and typing problems on my Android device?

To prevent display and typing problems on your Android device, it is important to regularly update your device's software and apps. You should also be careful when handling your device to avoid physical damage. Additionally, make sure to adjust your display and keyboard settings to your liking and avoid downloading any suspicious or potentially harmful apps.