DNA strands that silence overactive cancer messenger RNA

  • Thread starter Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
tribdog
Messages
779
Reaction score
17
short strands of DNA that bind to 4 varieties of messenger RNA specific to a certain cancer, then analyze if they are abnormally active if they are then a theraputic piece of DNA is released that binds to the cancer and suppreses it.
wow.
I just got the new Scientific American, it's more bio than I usually care for but got to admit that is pretty cool.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I'm not quite sure from what you've written, but was the article about siRNA, or short interferring RNA? It's all the rage right now. That's something I want to start playing with.

Who did the work? I don't subscribe to Sci Am, but can look up the original articles they are discussing. It must have been a great issue for biology. WasteofO2 was posting about some other stuff on viruses in the recent issue.