Do I need to complete all exercises in Rudin's Principles of Mathematical Analysis?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
funcalys
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
I'm taking PoMA-Rudin, do I have to complete all the exercises after every chapter to be regarded as understanding the material ?
Does all the tools for solving the exercises lie in the material? Because I feel many problems require more than the textbook. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
rudin's exercises are known to be pretty difficult and may require more ingenuity than just simply applying the theorems and propositions in the text. you shouldn't have to do all of the exercises either. i would say scan through the exercises and find ones that you don't know how to do right away and those that seem particularly interesting and work on those.