Do Online Polls Often Exclude Caribbean and Central American Countries?

• Thread starter ManDay
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a recently fixed poll about the demographics of the members on Physics Forums. The poll creator forgot to include the Philippines and the UK and Ireland, leading to some humorous comments and a request to change the options. The conversation also points out the grouping of certain countries and the exclusion of others, such as the Caribbean and Central America. The poll is eventually corrected.

Roughly: Where are you from? - Poll PUBLIC!

• South America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Russia & Easter Europe

• Middle East

• Far East (China, Eastern Russia)

• Australia or New Zealand

• Africa

• Total voters
ManDay

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
..."Where are you from?"

From the Philippines
--VashtiMaiden

Uhm sorry took a while to finish the poll. I didn't expect your answers to come so fast.

Why did you split up Spain, France, Belgium or Luxembourg and Germany, Austria, Swiss, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Norway or Denmark ?

marlon

marlon said:
Why did you split up Spain, France, Belgium or Luxembourg and Germany, Austria, Swiss, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Norway or Denmark ?

marlon

I had to split Europe into two parts at least. Sorry - If an american had opened this poll he would proably have split American into East and Westcoast. I've done this to Europe because I'm european and I had got 10 choices available :-)

Where's the UK?

In the spirit of this usually being a moan fest about the poll options. :smile:

Two parts with only a few countries apparently? :-p

Last edited:
:cry: Oh no. Put it to France, will you?

ManDay said:
:cry: Oh no. Put it to France, will you?

I'd rather chew my liver out! Damned Frenchies! :wink::smile:

Too late I already voted other.

That's going to be a very sh'tty poll as regards the brits... My bad :-(

I voted other as I am an independent. I currently live in the People's Democratic Republic of Northern South Jersey, which split from the United States in 1492 and has been fighting terrorism ever since. We are quite progressive, so when it rains in New Orleans, we get soaked. As you may know, Einstein spoke disparagingly of common sense, and so do we. Perhaps he was over in New Jersey when he said it.

ManDay said:
That's going to be a very sh'tty poll as regards the brits... My bad :-(

Yea, you should PM one of the mentors to get it changed if you want a representative answer (I can't believe you thought of Luxembourg, but not of the UK and Ireland!) Also, I don't see why you split up Europe and then grouped together the USA and Canada!

cristo said:
(I can't believe you thought of Luxembourg, but not of the UK and Ireland!)

:smile: That's humiliating, heh? I'm sorry. At least I didn't put in Liechtenstein and forgot about the UK

Please vote on the new poll. It's not public btw.

ManDay said:
:smile: That's humiliating, heh? I'm sorry. At least I didn't put in Liechtenstein and forgot about the UK

Please vote on the new poll. It's not public btw.

...Where's Philippines...?

Why is Italy among those predominantly Germanic contries?

You forgot the Caribbean and Central America!, everyone forgets about us in their polls, hehe. Anyway, Saludos desde la República Dominicana.

Cyclovenom said:
You forgot the Caribbean and Central America!, everyone forgets about us in their polls, hehe. Anyway, Saludos desde la República Dominicana.

I was just noticing that too. I live in the Divided States...it becomes the United States again sometime in mid-November.

Edit: I see the corrected poll here https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=220801&page=2 so this thread is closed.

Last edited:

Related to Do Online Polls Often Exclude Caribbean and Central American Countries?

1. Where do you consider your hometown to be?

This question asks about the place you grew up or lived for a significant amount of time. It could also refer to the place where you have the strongest emotional or cultural ties.

2. Where were you born?

This question is asking for your place of birth, which may or may not be the same as your hometown. It is a more specific question about your place of origin.

3. Where are your parents from?

This question is asking about your family's origins and could refer to your parents' birthplace or their cultural background.

4. How did you end up living in your current location?

This question is asking about the reasons for your current location. It could be related to work, education, or personal reasons.

5. Do you identify more with your current location or your place of origin?

This question is asking about your cultural identity and how it relates to your current location and place of origin. It could lead to discussions about cultural assimilation, adaptation, and integration.