Do You Prefer the Company of Animals or Humans?

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    company

Whose company do you prefer?

  • Animals

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Humans

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I prefer to be alone

    Votes: 7 30.4%

  • Total voters
    23
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
22,170
Reaction score
3,335
This is not a question on who you find the most important. This is a question on whose company you prefer most of the time: animals or humans.

I'm creating this poll because on the empathy thread there were some people who said they preferred to be among animals than humans. I certainly understand this preference, but I want to see how big this is in the PF community!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Borg said:
I like a mix of both. :oldbiggrin:

Humans that behave like animals or animals that behave like humans?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: beamie564 and Borg
micromass said:
Humans that behave like animals or animals that behave like humans?
Not quite what I meant. :oldeyes:
 
Of course it will depend on the animal. But it is true, that I understand cats and dogs, and they rarely lie. And if, you could probably tell. I cannot say the same about humans. However, some seem to sensationalize a little bit:



DYK that goldfishes are the oldest pet animal kept without any direct use?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc
I prefer humans as a company most of the time, but I like the company of animals too. Something along the lines of Borg but with more "weight" on humans.
 
fresh_42 said:
But it is true, that I understand cats and dogs, and they rarely lie. And if, you could probably tell. I cannot say the same about humans.

I think that this is the ultimate reason for people preferring only animals company and it is founded on well grounds.
 
Pepper Mint said:
☠ Humans are animals.
Dry-nosed primate, please. There's got to be time for it. :smile:
 
I'm only comfortable around my dog. All humans give me anxiety, and ones I don't know I actively avoid.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Monsterboy, beamie564, Sophia and 1 other person
I really like the company of animals, but I do not need the company of animals. I do, however, need the other two options in the poll. Luckily, I can arrange things everyday such that I have times alone, and such that I also have times where I interact with humans, both at work and at home.
 
This completely depends on the type of humans we’re talking about here. I rarely find the company of people my own age appealing (in regards to devoting time to them) and prefer older people…but those older people have to meet certain criteria, too.

If there’s nobody I’m interested in around, I’d rather be alone.
fresh_42 said:
DYK that goldfishes are the oldest pet animal kept without any direct use?
I'll take that to offense, good sir. My fish can do tricks.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Monsterboy, beamie564, Sophia and 1 other person
There are times that I enjoy human and/or animal company, and there are times when I like being alone.

I enjoy the company of family, friends and colleagues. I like to interact with pets.

Then there are times when I go riding or hiking or canoeing/kayaking, and I enjoy being alone.

fresh_42 said:
I would enjoy a visit with the lady and the elephant. I think she needs to keep a bucket nearby in the house.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg
I enjoy company of all animals that are kept as pets. As for humans, I enjoy company of some, but I guess it's the minority. With most people, I'm shy and feel awkward. I have a very hard time with extroverts and loud people.
With animals, I'm always relaxed and there's nothing to hide or pretend.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Monsterboy
I like being around people, but only for a few hours. Then I feel the need to be alone, even if it's my best friends ( don't know if something is wrong with me). I love being with dogs though :dog:
 
Humans have clear objectives and plans to manipulate things. They can compute naturally with symbols thoughtfully, by which we can measure and evaluate their professional behaviors in developed societies.❀
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia
People who share my interests and./or people who are fun