Does Antimatter Decay?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Quarlep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Antimatter Decay
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Quarlep
Messages
257
Reaction score
4
I wanted to know If we have a antimatter it decays ? Actually I am asking Is antimatter decay ?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you asking if antimatter decays? If so, then yes, it decays similar to normal matter.
 
Drakkith said:
it decays similar to normal matter.

Or doesn't decay, as the case may be. Electrons don't decay, so positrons don't decay. Neither do free protons or antiprotons.
 
jtbell said:
Or doesn't decay, as the case may be. Electrons don't decay, so positrons don't decay. Neither do free protons or antiprotons.

Of course. I was more referring to how different isotopes of normal matter decay. The antimatter versions of those isotopes would also decay. I probably should have worded my response better.
 
How different is antimatter decay allowed to be from matter decay, if CPT is not violated but CP is?
 
snorkack said:
How different is antimatter decay allowed to be from matter decay, if CPT is not violated but CP is?

It's as different as the asymmetry caused by CP violation.