1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does anybody know a site where i can find many epsilon delta problems?

1. Oct 25, 2011 #1
    I'm sick of still not getting this. I bombed the epsilon delta part of my mid term. A site where it gives many problems on epsilon delta and solutions would be amazing.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2011 #2
    The amazing thing about [itex]\epsilon - \delta[/itex] proofs is that you can make them up yourself!

Take any function [itex]f:\mathbb{R}\to\mathbb{R}[/itex] that you know is continuous. And prove the limit exists.

You know the limit from intuition, now prove that what you think is correct through the use of epsilons and deltas!

4. Oct 25, 2011 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

You do not need a site to find them. Look in any good Calculus 1\2 textbook. You will find plenty there. Also, if you need to get a good handle on doing these epsilon delta limits proofs, there is a YouTube channel, "bullcleo1".

5. Oct 25, 2011 #4
    I really like this guy's http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcI/DefnOfLimit.aspx" [Broken]. Hope you find it useful. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  6. Oct 25, 2011 #5
    Ditto. Whomever Paul is, I love him. That site is great.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  7. Dec 7, 2011 #6
    Thanks. Read it over. But i'm really looking for a site with just A BUNCH of problems so i can get more practice on them. Would anybody know of such sites?

8. Dec 7, 2011 #7
    Try one of the Schaum series books, I remember using one that was probably called "mathematical analysis 2", it had a lot of proof-based calculus problems.

9. Dec 7, 2011 #8
    Practicing will be useless if it doesn't help you understand the concept. Understand the concept visually and in other ways (like a game where I give you epsilon and challenge you to find delta). Then, practice. There's no general procedure that will always work. You just have to have some intuition and creativity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook