Does anyone have a Blackwell Synergy account? Need a .pdf doc

• Thread starter _Greg_
  • Start date
In summary, this article is about a method for analyzing caffeine and theobromine levels in chocolate and other products. If anyone has an account or can download the document, that would be great.
_Greg_
Didnt quite know where to post this topic.

Theres a pdf document that would be extremely helpful for my college project on HPLC analysis of chocolate (theobromine)

Its title is 'Caffeine and Theobromine Levels in Cocoa and Carob Products'

If anyone has an account (or maybe your college/university will have one) and can download/send it to be by e-mail that would be great!

Thanks

Greg

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What in the article do you think you would find useful? There are methods for this analysis such as:

In the improved method, the interfering cocoa pigments are effectively removed by passing the aqueous extract through a Sep-pak C18 cartridge. Subsequent injection on a C18 reverse-phase column employing acetonitrile and water (20:80) as the mobile phase reduces the analysis time without affecting either resolution of the peak or the accuracy of caffeine and theobromine determination or achieving baseline resolution.

and

The HPLC method uses isocratic elution with a mobile phase of methanol–water–acetic acid (80:19:1) (v/v) at a flow rate of 1 mL/min and UV absorbance detection at 275 nm. Total elution time for these analytes is less than 10 min, and the detection limit for all analytes is 0.1 mg/g.
and http://www.pillarenvironmental.com/Chem_doc/Caffeine_Coco_HPLC.pdf" .

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers for that link chemisttree

Im not looking for anything specific, my lecturer just wants a large amount of references printed off that are relevant to my project. (like an inch thick of paper, eek!)
Unfortunately a lot of them are patents which are only available for a price or someone who has an account.

I'v managed to get some patents from springerlink because i found a username/password on a site called BugMeNot. They have some for blackwell synergy but they didnt seem to work for me.

_Greg_ said:
cheers for that link chemisttree

Im not looking for anything specific, my lecturer just wants a large amount of references printed off that are relevant to my project. (like an inch thick of paper, eek!)
Unfortunately a lot of them are patents which are only available for a price or someone who has an account.

I'v managed to get some patents from springerlink because i found a username/password on a site called BugMeNot. They have some for blackwell synergy but they didnt seem to work for me.

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html"

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Blackwell Synergy?

Blackwell Synergy is an online platform that provides access to scholarly articles, journals, and books in various fields of study.

2. How can I access Blackwell Synergy?

You can access Blackwell Synergy through your institution's library or by creating a personal account on their website.

3. Do I need a Blackwell Synergy account to access articles?

Yes, you need a Blackwell Synergy account to access full-text articles and other resources on their website.

4. Can I get a free Blackwell Synergy account?

No, Blackwell Synergy does not offer free accounts. You can only access their resources through a paid subscription or through your institution's library.

5. Is it possible to request a specific article from someone with a Blackwell Synergy account?

It is possible to request a specific article from someone with a Blackwell Synergy account, but it is not recommended as it may be a violation of copyright laws. It is best to access the article through your own account or through your institution's library.