Does anyone own Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett?

In summary, the speaker is asking if anyone owns a book that they ordered with a 4-day shipping minimum and if they can provide the problem statements for a few problems from the book. They also ask for alternative options if this is not allowed. The specific problems needed are listed as P3.2, P3.8, P3.12, A3.4, and A3.8. The response suggests trying Google books, checking with a college library, or asking classmates for copies of the problems. They also mention the possibility of purchasing an ebook version for immediate access.
Rellek
Hi,

I'm asking this because I ordered this book today, but there is a 4-day shipping minimum. I have to do a few problems from this book, and if anyone owns this, is it possible to tell me the problem statements?

Also, if I'm not allowed to ask for this, please let me know.

The problems I need (systems of linear equations section) are:

Problem P3.2
Problem P3.8
Problem P3.12
Problem A3.4
Problem A3.8

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
You could try google books but that may not be fruitful as its sometimes difficult to get to the right page or not all portions of the book are available.

Have you checked with a college library?

Do you have any students in your class who have the book and can give you copies of the problems?

There may be an ebook version that you can buy and get immediately.

1. What is Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett?

Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett is a textbook that covers various numerical analysis techniques used in scientific and engineering fields.

2. Who is the author of Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett?

The author of Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett is Laurene Fausett, a professor of mathematics at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.

3. What topics are covered in Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett?

Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett covers topics such as numerical solutions of equations, interpolation and curve fitting, numerical differentiation and integration, and numerical methods for differential equations.

4. Is Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett suitable for beginners?

While some basic knowledge of calculus and linear algebra is helpful, Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett is designed to be accessible to beginners in the field of numerical analysis.

5. Is Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett a popular textbook?

Yes, Numerical Methods by Laurene Fausett is a widely used textbook in universities and colleges around the world, and is considered a standard reference in the field of numerical analysis.