Does closing of threads have consequences for the "karma" of their OP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spathi
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Spathi
Gold Member
Messages
102
Reaction score
10
Several my threads were closed, though I didn't get a warning. I am not an old member of this forum, and it is unclear for me, what does closing a thread mean, how often such closings occur, and do they increase the risk of a final ban of their OP. Please help me with this.
Those who remember my threads of this forum - am I risking of being permanently banned?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If a thread was closed and you didn't receive a warning, there are no consequences for you to worry about.
If a thread is closed, the final post in the thread usually will be a post from the mentor who closed it and why it was closed. I don't know which threads you're talking about, so can't say anything about why they were closed.