Does ef|g Imply e and f Are Both Factors of g?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter blastoise
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Factors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
blastoise
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
I was wondering if this is a correct statement, I'm assuming it is for my proof.

Let e,f and g be non zero integers and assume ef|g is true.

I'm 100% positive this means [itex]e[/itex] and [itex]f[/itex] must both be a factor of [itex]g[/itex] .

May some one please confirm if I am correct or wrong please.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hi blastoise! :wink:
blastoise said:
Let e,f and g be non zero integers and assume ef|g is true.

I'm 100% positive this means [itex]e[/itex] and [itex]f[/itex] must both be a factor of [itex]g[/itex] .

you're 100% right! :smile:

(generally, if a|b and b|c, then a|c)