1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does it make sense to apply for M.Eng grad if ?

1. Jun 22, 2009 #1
    Is it possible or at least likely to pursue graduate study as a mechanical engineer if your bachelor's degree is in a non-engineering field? I am highly motivated and very interested in obtaining a mech. eng degree, but I am afraid that I lack the math and science pre-requisites that I imagine one would need to go on to an M. Eng. master's program.

Any idea?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2009 #2
    What is your degree in?

4. Jun 23, 2009 #3
    I have a B.A in Industrial Design. I have worked as a professional product designer for the past 7 years.

5. Jun 23, 2009 #4
    Well I'm not an engineer but I would suggest contacting the schools you are interested in and seeing what program you can get into. Some schools would allow you to spend a year taking undergrad courses if you are not specialized in the field before you begin grad work.

6. Jun 23, 2009 #5
    Thanks VeeEight. I'll look into that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook