Does the Angle of a V-Tube Influence Fluid Oscillations?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
ljeonjko
Messages
8
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Basically, the goal of the "project" is to find the equation for oscillation of a "fractionless" fluid in a v-shaped tube, regarding the angle. I know how to solve the same problem regarding a u-shaped tube, but in this case, I can't figure out where to place the angle in the equation... Does the angle even affect the osciallations at all? From where I am now, it seems like it doesn't, but I doubt that's true. Any help is appreciated, thank you :)
image.png

Homework Equations


Simple harmonic motion equation.

The Attempt at a Solution


So, I'm currently at w(angular frequency)=sqrt[2*g/(hl+hd/cos(angle)]... is that right?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nvm guys, figured it out... thanks for nothing. :)