Does your iPad gets heavier over time?

Do you feel that your iPad is getting heavier from the time you first got it? Is there a scientific reason for that?

http://newslite.tv/2009/04/01/ipods-get-heavier-with-more-mu.html [Broken]

If iPod which is much smaller than ipad can get heavier, the effects could be exponential for ipad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Char. Limit
Gold Member
Do you feel that your iPad is getting heavier from the time you first got it? Is there a scientific reason for that?

http://newslite.tv/2009/04/01/ipods-get-heavier-with-more-mu.html [Broken]

If iPod which is much smaller than ipad can get heavier, the effects could be exponential for ipad.
You mean proportionally higher. "Exponential" is not even correct here. It makes no sense to say that an effect is "exponential". Indeed, I would expect any proportionality constant as such to be linear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd advise you to read the note at the bottom of the passage...

I'd advise you to read the note at the bottom of the passage...
Saving new readers the trouble:

"UPDATE - YES THIS WAS OUR APRIL FOOL"

:rolleyes:

I suspect it would get slightly heavier, from dead skin cells infiltrating the cracks and crevices. Same reason your mattress gets heavier from the time you buy it to the time you get rid of it, just on a much smaller scale.

And technically it should be heavier at full battery than at low.

russ_watters
Mentor
And technically it should be heavier at full battery than at low.
Why?

I suspect it would get slightly heavier, from dead skin cells infiltrating the cracks and crevices.
But it does emit large amounts of smug, and although smugness is somewhat insubstantial according to recent experiments it does have finite mass

Danger
Gold Member
Depends upon how much you like it. Take my word for it; anything that you're married to will get heavier over time.