Don't you hate negative questions?

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Negative
In summary, the conversation touches on various topics such as nonsensical statements, dislike for beets, division by zero, adaptation of humans and robots, debugging, voting, negative questions, and hating hate. It also includes a mention of the phrase "Yeah maaan, coooool!" not being present and the statement "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee" being repeated in different forms.

Do ya punk?

• Yes, I don't.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No, I do.

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jimmy Snyder
Ummm. Let me think.

Physics news on Phys.org
This does not make sense. No, It doesn't. Yes, It does.

I was looking for the answer "Yeah maaan, coooool!".
But it isn't in there.

I don't love beets.

Positively!

I feel like I was divided by zero...

d...
negative.. question..
I..
huh? :uhh:

Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee.

Wait, what??

Ban him.

Don't I think I don't understand? Who said humans could adapt to any situation while robots cannot? I am bugged, need to be debugged. I don't think I do know what I wouldn't vote.

I don't never not dislike them.

turbo said:
Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee.
Or don't they?

I don't like no negative questions, nohow.

I hate the normal response to "do you mind if I...", which is "yeah, sure".

I hate hate. Anymore questions?

I never didn't dislike non-negative questions, if that helps.

1. What is a negative question?

A negative question is a question that uses negative words, such as "don't", "can't", or "won't", to express the opposite of what the speaker is asking. For example, "Don't you like ice cream?" is a negative question because the speaker is asking if the listener dislikes ice cream.

2. Why do people use negative questions?

People use negative questions for various reasons. Sometimes it is to express sarcasm or to challenge someone's beliefs. Other times it is used to confirm something that the speaker believes to be true. It can also be a way to soften a question or make it less direct.

3. Do negative questions always have negative answers?

No, negative questions do not always have negative answers. It is possible for someone to answer a negative question with a positive response. For example, if someone asks "Don't you want to come with me?", the person being asked could respond with "Yes, I do want to come with you." This would be a positive response to a negative question.

4. Are negative questions effective in communication?

It depends on the situation and the intention behind using a negative question. In some cases, negative questions can be effective in challenging someone's thoughts or beliefs. However, they can also be seen as confrontational or aggressive, so it is important to use them carefully and with consideration of the other person's feelings.

5. How can I avoid using negative questions in my language?

If you want to avoid using negative questions, try rephrasing your questions in a positive or neutral way. Instead of asking "Don't you understand?", you could ask "Can you explain that to me?" or "What do you think about this?" This can help to promote more positive and constructive communication.