Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Double Pipe Heat Exchanger books

1. Jul 21, 2014 #1
    hello.
    I am asked to give a lecture on double pipe heat exchanger . I have studied books like process heat transfer by D.Kern and some online articles. I was wondering if other complete sources are available about double pipe heat exchanger. I would appreciate if you could introduce some sources to me.
    thx for any help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2014 #2
    um.. I'm probably not the best person to comment, but isn't double pipe the most basic type of shell/tube heat exchanger? to my knowledge, this type is only good for small scale uses, and very rarely seen in industrial applications. I'm guessing this is for a lab course or something where students get some hands on experience on heat exchangers, and get to know the basics of heat transfer? I mean in my opinion, any competent textbook should give you enough information to go through a full lecture. Is this like a 40 minute lecture where you're filling in for an instructor? just curious

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook