How many extra doughnuts did I eat if I finished a box in 4 days?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter julian
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
869
Reaction score
373
I buy a box of 7 doughnuts and intend to eat 1 a day starting on say a Friday. Say I get greedy and eat all 7 doughnuts by the end of Tuesday and then buy another box of doughnuts and eat 1 a day starting from the Wednesday. How many extra doughnuts have I eaten during the 7 day period starting on the Friday?
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
So you ate 7 doughnuts through Tuesday and then ate one on Wednesday and one on Thursday. That's a total of 7+ 2= 9 doughnuts in 7 days. Why did you have any doubt about this?