Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Easier access to subscribed threads poll

1. Keep as it

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Change to all subscribed threads

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. May 15, 2014 #1
    Currently "My PF" takes you to new posts in your subscribed threads. Would you like it changed so that it took you to the page where all subscribed threads were listed and the threads with new posts are bolded?

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

It's just one additional click now to "View All Subscribed Threads", and I like the default as it is now (less clutter). My 2 cents...

4. May 15, 2014 #3

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't subscribe to threads but like it the way it is also.

5. May 15, 2014 #4

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You might want to check to see how many threads the average member is subscribed to before changing it.

Personally I hardly ever bother to unsubscribe from threads. When people stop posting to them, they just drop off the radar.

6. May 16, 2014 #5

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Currently "My PF" also shows who has sent (unread) PMs and also links to the latest post in each of my subscribed forums. If it included all subscribed threads, it would become really cluttered.

As berkeman said, seeing all subscribed threads is just one click away from the "My PF" page.

7. May 16, 2014 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Not a bad idea but I voted to keep it as is. I agree w/ berkeman ... keep the clutter down

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook