Efficiency of a 265W motor drawing 4.30A from 120V line

  • Thread starter Thread starter aMo0oDi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Urgent
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
aMo0oDi
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
What is the efficiency of a 265W motor that draws 4.30A from 120V line?
How much energy in Joules does this motor use in 1.50 hour?

thanks in advance..
 
Physics news on Phys.org
power has two equations :
1) P(t)= W/t = -PE/t = q.V/t = I.V
2) P= I (I.R)
 
aMo0oDi said:
power has two equations :
1) P(t)= W/t = -PE/t = q.V/t = I.V
2) P= I (I.R)

Power can also be expressed as P=V^2/R

Now what is efficiency defined as?

Finally, what information are you given and what can you do with it?
 
aMo0oDi said:
power has two equations :
1) P(t)= W/t = -PE/t = q.V/t = I.V
2) P= I (I.R)
If W/t=IV
W=J/s
I=Amps
V=Volts

You just plug it in, then find the efficiency.