Efficient and Accurate Power Sources for Electromagnets: What Are My Options?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alieneater
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Power Source
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Alieneater
Messages
18
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



What can I purchase so that I have a constant voltage that is cheap for my electromagnet and you can adjust to how many volts I want? Batteries will run out of power and not give good results. Also is there another easy way to precisely meaure the strength of the electromagnet other than using paperclips?


Homework Equations


none


The Attempt at a Solution


I don't know.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What I want is a power source other than batteries that won't run out of energy because once the batteries lose power, my results will be wrong.