Embedding videos from websites

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
In summary, the <iframe> tag allows for embedding videos from six different sites. To access this feature, click on the film strip icon next to the "+" sign in the green bar above the composition window. However, it may not work for all sites, as the Media tag for Tubechop site appears to not be compatible with the embedding code provided.
Raghav Gupta
Does PF allows to embed video from any site by writing the embedding code?

Physics news on Phys.org
The [MEDIA][/MEDIA] tag pair allows videos from half a dozen sites. In the green bar above the composition window you'll see a large "+" sign; to its left is a film strip symbol, click on that icon to see a list of the sites accepted.

I think that's the question you are asking?

NascentOxygen said:
The [MEDIA][/MEDIA] tag pair allows videos from half a dozen sites. In the green bar above the composition window you'll see a large "+" sign; to its left is a film strip symbol, click on that icon to see a list of the sites accepted.

I think that's the question you are asking?
I am asking that it only works for those sites mentioned inside icon?
I was using Media tag for Tubechop site but it is not being embedded.
I wrote the embedded code also from that site but it is not working:-
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=yVI7JBS_U0s&start=60&end=340&cid=7441621"></param><embed src="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=yVI7JBS_U0s&start=60&end=340&cid=7441621" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Probably works only for the sites listed.

1. What is the purpose of embedding videos from websites?

Embedding videos from websites allows you to easily share videos on your own website without having to upload the entire video file. It also helps to improve the loading speed of your website and allows for more efficient video playback.

2. How do I embed a video from a website?

To embed a video from a website, you will need to obtain the embed code from the video's source website. This code can usually be found by clicking on the "share" or "embed" button on the video page. Once you have the code, you can paste it into the HTML code of your website where you want the video to appear.

3. Can I embed videos from any website?

Not all websites allow for embedding of their videos. It is important to check the terms and conditions of the website and obtain proper permission before embedding any videos. Additionally, some websites may have specific restrictions or limitations on how their videos can be embedded.

4. What types of videos can be embedded from websites?

Most websites that allow for video embedding support a variety of video formats, such as MP4, AVI, and MOV. However, it is always best to check the website's guidelines to ensure the video you want to embed is supported.

5. Are there any limitations to embedding videos from websites?

There may be limitations to embedding videos from websites, such as size restrictions or playback restrictions. Additionally, some websites may have limitations on the number of videos that can be embedded on external websites. It is important to check the website's guidelines before embedding any videos to ensure you are not violating any terms or conditions.