EMC career options with physics and nuclear engineering background in the USA

  • Thread starter Thread starter nuclear007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
nuclear007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Dear members

I need guidance, advice greatly appreciated. Idid bachelor in physics and MS in nuclear Engg. Then have experience in EMC/EMI which lacks DO-160 experience and some other standards being used in USA. Now I am settled in US
How Can I make my EMC experience applicable to US by some extra certificate or Master. I am also interested in programming or there is is any programmin certificates with which I can help me apply to EMC jobs and use my experience also.

Thanks please advise me what should i do.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
nuclear007 said:
Dear members

I need guidance, advice greatly appreciated. Idid bachelor in physics and MS in nuclear Engg. Then have experience in EMC/EMI which lacks DO-160 experience and some other standards being used in USA. Now I am settled in US
How Can I make my EMC experience applicable to US by some extra certificate or Master. I am also interested in programming or there is is any programmin certificates with which I can help me apply to EMC jobs and use my experience also.

Thanks please advise me what should i do.

Welcome to the PF.

I'm not familiar with DO-160. What is it applicable to?

I work mostly with the EN- standards (they tend to be world-wide standards), applicable to Information Technology Equipment (ITE).

Having a good RF background is really key in EMC work, both for solving EMI problems, and for understanding how to design products to be able to handle electrical transients.
 
Emc

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

I'm not familiar with DO-160. What is it applicable to?

I work mostly with the EN- standards (they tend to be world-wide standards), applicable to Information Technology Equipment (ITE).

Having a good RF background is really key in EMC work, both for solving EMI problems, and for understanding how to design products to be able to handle electrical transients.

DO-160 IS a standard for airborne objects
 
Last edited by a moderator: