1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Energy Test, need some extra revision

1. Aug 23, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have a test on Energy in a few days, I'm in the top science class at my school (grade 9).

2. Relevant equations
    The test is on stuff like, Kinectic Energy, Potentional Energy, Renewable Energys etc.

If anyone on here can help me, It would be greatly appreciated.
    If I left anything out that you may need please tell me & I'll try my best to answer.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2011 #2

lewando

Gold Member

Test preparation is kinda out of scope for this forum. If you are working on a specific problem and are stuck, write it up!

4. Aug 23, 2011 #3
    Cheers, would you happen to know of any websites where I could get some questions to revise on??

5. Aug 23, 2011 #4

lewando

Gold Member

6. Aug 23, 2011 #5
    I do have one question that has me confused:
    What is the force of an object with 10 joules of work & a mass of 10g?

7. Aug 23, 2011 #6

lewando

Gold Member

You are confused because it is a confusing question. Is it verbatim? If so, it is very badly-worded--you would do well to ignore it. If paraphrased or mis-translated, you would need to provide additional clarity. Also, when words fail, a diagram can be helpful.

8. Aug 23, 2011 #7
    What distance has the object traversed? Is this horizontal or vertical translation? The question does not seem complete. I started working on this but you would need to know how far the object has traveled to find the acceleration unless the object has undergone vertical free fall where you can assume acceleration to be g.

W=Fd

F=ma

10g = 0.01kg

1/2mv2=KE
    1/2mv2=10 J
    v=[2(10)/0.01kg]1/2

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook