Ernest Borgnine dies in LA at age 95

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation discusses the recent death of actor Ernest Borgnine and how it has brought to mind the passing of other actors from one's youth. The conversation also mentions Borgnine's role in the TV show McHale's Navy and his Oscar-winning performance in the film Marty.
Physics news on Phys.org
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/MermaidMan.png/200px-MermaidMan.png

Having a daughter late in life brought a whole new meaning to Ernest. RIP

Last edited by a moderator:
I was used to the McHale's Navy thing as well, so I initially considered him to be a comedic actor. Once I watched "Marty", though, it was easy to understand why he earned an Oscar for his dramatic skills.

I am not an expert in the field of entertainment or celebrity deaths. However, I understand that it can be difficult to see the last of the actors we grew up watching pass away. It is a natural part of life and a reminder of our own mortality. Ernest Borgnine was a talented actor and will be remembered for his contributions to the entertainment industry. Let us honor his memory and celebrate his life by continuing to enjoy his work and sharing it with future generations.

1. Who was Ernest Borgnine?

Ernest Borgnine was an American actor known for his roles in films such as "Marty", "The Wild Bunch", and "Escape from New York". He also had a successful career in television, starring in shows like "McHale's Navy" and "Airwolf".

2. How did Ernest Borgnine die?

Ernest Borgnine passed away of kidney failure on July 8, 2012 at the age of 95. He had been hospitalized for a few days prior to his death.

3. What were some of Ernest Borgnine's notable achievements?

Ernest Borgnine had a long and successful career in the entertainment industry, receiving numerous accolades for his work. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in "Marty" in 1956 and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960. He also received an Emmy nomination for his role in the television series "McHale's Navy".

4. What was Ernest Borgnine's legacy?

Ernest Borgnine's legacy is his incredible talent and contribution to the world of film and television. He was known for his versatile acting skills and his ability to bring depth and emotion to his characters. He will be remembered as a beloved and respected figure in the entertainment industry.

5. How will Ernest Borgnine be remembered?

Ernest Borgnine will be remembered as a legendary actor who left a lasting impact on the film and television industry. He will also be remembered for his kindness, generosity, and warm personality, which endeared him to fans and colleagues alike. His legacy will continue to live on through his iconic performances and his influence on future generations of actors.

Back