Brian Cox's Adventures in Space and Time tour review coming tomorrow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Excited Space Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,121
Tonight I'm taking my wife and parents to Brian Cox's World Tour "ADVENTURES IN SPACE & TIME" with sidekick Robin Ince. All his European stops sold out and so far all of his US stops have been close to selling out. I've been impressed because he's not quite the household name Neil deGrasse Tyson is. He's got a lot of US stops still, so, I'll report back here tomorrow and if it was a good show I'd recommended looking into tickets. If anyone has a connection, I'd love to meet him back stage or for a beer after lol.

243285
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, davenn, collinsmark and 1 other person
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
he's not quite the household name
But he is a rock star!
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Screenshot from that video (8 seconds in):
Untitled 3.jpeg

Love that hair!
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
In all seriousness, I like him very much. He's one of the best popularizers of science, and I haven't heard much oversimplification of physics from him, especially compared to others.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
[Brian Cox is] not quite the household name Neil deGrasse Tyson is.
One difference (I presume) between BC and NdGT...

When BC was on an episode of "Q&A" (Australian TV) a few years ago I was quite amused at how the group of young female high-school students in the front row of the audience looked like they were about to throw their panties at him.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
He's a great communicator and I actually learned a lot!
Did he talk about quantum entanglement and how "someone doing an experiment on Earth could instantaneously affect an experiment in Andromeda" ?

(You might recall that he was taken to task a few years ago, here on PF, for propagating that nonsense in one of his TV shows.)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PeroK
DrClaude said:
Screenshot from that video (8 seconds in):
View attachment 243287
Love that hair!

I think I have that beat

15 seconds in, you get the sleeveless, long hair, tight trousers...

Is there something about Brians and rockstar physics / physics rockstar?

 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude
DrClaude said:
In all seriousness, I like him very much. He's one of the best popularizers of science, and I haven't heard much oversimplification of physics from him, especially compared to others.
That's interesting as I have the impression he is one of the worst.

He did "the science of Dr Who" which was unwatchable nonsense.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and davenn