Excited to go to Brian Cox's "ADVENTURES IN SPACE & TIME" tonight

In summary, tonight's event "ADVENTURES IN SPACE & TIME" with Brian Cox promises an exciting exploration of the vastness and wonders of space. With Cox's expertise and passion for astrophysics, attendees can expect to be taken on a thrilling journey through the mysteries of the universe and our place within it.
Tonight I'm taking my wife and parents to Brian Cox's World Tour "ADVENTURES IN SPACE & TIME" with sidekick Robin Ince. All his European stops sold out and so far all of his US stops have been close to selling out. I've been impressed because he's not quite the household name Neil deGrasse Tyson is. He's got a lot of US stops still, so, I'll report back here tomorrow and if it was a good show I'd recommended looking into tickets. If anyone has a connection, I'd love to meet him back stage or for a beer after lol.

Likes DennisN, davenn, collinsmark and 1 other person
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
he's not quite the household name
But he is a rock star!

• Haha
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Screenshot from that video (8 seconds in):
Untitled 3.jpeg

Love that hair!

• Haha
Likes Greg Bernhardt
In all seriousness, I like him very much. He's one of the best popularizers of science, and I haven't heard much oversimplification of physics from him, especially compared to others.

Likes pinball1970 and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
[Brian Cox is] not quite the household name Neil deGrasse Tyson is.
One difference (I presume) between BC and NdGT...

When BC was on an episode of "Q&A" (Australian TV) a few years ago I was quite amused at how the group of young female high-school students in the front row of the audience looked like they were about to throw their panties at him.

Likes 256bits and Greg Bernhardt
Just got back. Incredible show. He's a great communicator and I actually learned a lot! He used lots of fantastic imagery. See if he's coming to your city and strongly consider going: https://briancoxlive.co.uk/

Likes DrClaude, DennisN and davenn
Presume you listen to the "Infinite Monkey Cage" podcast, @Greg Bernhardt?

Greg Bernhardt said:
He's a great communicator and I actually learned a lot!
Did he talk about quantum entanglement and how "someone doing an experiment on Earth could instantaneously affect an experiment in Andromeda" ?

(You might recall that he was taken to task a few years ago, here on PF, for propagating that nonsense in one of his TV shows.)

Likes PeroK
DrClaude said:
Screenshot from that video (8 seconds in):
View attachment 243287
Love that hair!

I think I have that beat

15 seconds in, you get the sleeveless, long hair, tight trousers...

Is there something about Brians and rockstar physics / physics rockstar?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes DrClaude
DrClaude said:
In all seriousness, I like him very much. He's one of the best popularizers of science, and I haven't heard much oversimplification of physics from him, especially compared to others.
That's interesting as I have the impression he is one of the worst.

He did "the science of Dr Who" which was unwatchable nonsense.

Likes Wrichik Basu and davenn

1. What is "ADVENTURES IN SPACE & TIME" about?

"ADVENTURES IN SPACE & TIME" is a live show featuring renowned physicist and science communicator Brian Cox. It explores the wonders and mysteries of space and time through engaging visuals, demonstrations, and explanations.

2. Who is Brian Cox and why is he famous?

Brian Cox is a British physicist, professor, and science communicator. He is known for his work in particle physics, as well as for his popular science television and radio programs, including "Wonders of the Universe" and "The Infinite Monkey Cage".

3. Is this show suitable for all ages?

Yes, "ADVENTURES IN SPACE & TIME" is suitable for all ages. It is designed to be educational and entertaining for both children and adults.

4. Will there be any interactive elements in the show?

Yes, there will be interactive elements in the show, such as audience participation and live demonstrations. This allows for a more engaging and immersive experience.

5. Is this show based on real scientific concepts or is it more fictional?

The show is based on real scientific concepts and theories, but it also incorporates elements of storytelling and imagination to make it more entertaining and accessible to a general audience.