Exploring Temperature Metrology in Industrial Applications

• Thread starter Leigh Stanger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Introduction
In summary, temperature metrology is a crucial aspect of industrial applications, as accurate temperature measurements are essential for ensuring the quality and safety of products and processes. This field involves the study and calibration of temperature measurement devices and techniques, such as thermocouples, resistance temperature detectors, and infrared thermometers. It also includes the development and implementation of temperature control systems, which are vital for maintaining consistent and precise temperatures in industrial settings. With advancements in technology, temperature metrology continues to evolve and play a critical role in various industries, including manufacturing, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and more.
Leigh Stanger
Hello I am a PhD student at the university of Sheffield in Electronics and Electrical Engineering department.
I have a Masters in Physics and have spent 3.5 years working at the National Physical Laboratory. I am currently working on improving Pyrometry / Radiometry methods for industrial applications. I have a strong interest in Physics and always like to think about problems in terms of the physics of the situation.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Leigh Stanger.[emoji938] :welcome: