Extension and contraction of I to D^-1R

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Math Amateur
Gold Member
MHB
Messages
3,920
Reaction score
48
At the bottom of page 708 in Dummit and Foote (Chapter 15, Section 15.4 Localization) we find the definition of the extension and contraction of ideals.

The notation is similar to $$ I^e $$ and $$ I^c $$ except that the superscripts e and c occur before the I.

Can someone please help me with the latex for these symbols?

Peter
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Use the codes:

^eI to get: $$^eI$$

^cI to get: $$^cI$$
 
MarkFL said:
Use the codes:

^eI to get: $$^eI$$

^cI to get: $$^cI$$
Thanks Mark

Appreciate the help.

Peter
 
One thing I've noticed in latex is that if you put an "empty character" (using {}) before a preceding superscript/subscript, it seems to give better alignment with other similarly tagged symbols.