Fake photo on georgewbush.com with duplicated faces

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter check
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Photo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
40 replies · 7K views
russ_watters said:
They wanted to highlight the boy waving the flag against the backdrop of a crowd of soldiers.

Wow, and this is a big deal??

Maybe if they left Bush in it people would be complaining that he was trying to use the troops to win his election? Instead, there is a photo that is not partisan and is simply people supporting the troops...again, what's the deal again?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
So you're assuming that in Bush's shadow, there is a hole in the crowd of soldiers? Are you also claiming that the change makes the number of soldiers pictured larger than the actual number of soldiers present?
I counted 23 extra faces and deducted 5 faces (about the surface the Bush takes) = 17 extra faces.
So why to add 17 faces ... because of the little boy with it's flag? :cool:
Funning, but not the real reason. :wink:
Russ ... come on ... you know better.
 
Last edited:
I still don't understand the title of this thread - nice try? what was the goal? to disassociate Bush from the military?
 
Evo said:
Of course anyone that thinks all of those soldiers packed in there like that of their own free will is naive. Bush is currently Commander in Chief and the soldiers were ordered to be there.
I don't think you're very familiar with the military... but if these soldiers were ordered to hear the President speak and didn't go willingly I'd sure like to see you show some sort of support or evidence for that.
My knowledge of the military would make me believe that those soldiers would gladly and willingly go see their commander in chief speak with absolutely no extra encouragement and certianly not being "Ordered" to attend.
If that were the case...I'm sure it would be splashed all over the front of the NYT at least...
 
phatmonky said:
I still don't understand the title of this thread - nice try? what was the goal? to disassociate Bush from the military?

This thread was created and posted before the official Bush campaign response. It was a ‘nice try’ to the Bush team trying to get away with using fake photos in their ads. But anyway, ok, so I jumped the gun on this one. Although I still think the alteration of photos in campaign ads probably isn’t the best thing in the world, I’ll accept the official explanation.
 
kat said:
I don't think you're very familiar with the military... but if these soldiers were ordered to hear the President speak and didn't go willingly I'd sure like to see you show some sort of support or evidence for that.
Ah, there's the key...they were "ordered" to go. How many do you think would have shown up if they weren't ordered to?

I am an ex military wife. My first husband was in Naval Intelligence at NISC in DC. I worked at the Navy Exchange. I spent a number of years living in condemned sub-standard military housing off Bolling Air Force Base in Washington DC. People in the military aren't robots and they do not mindlessly all support the President.

My brother was in the Army during the Vietnam War, as were many of my friends, my dad was in the Marines during WWII, my grandfather was a Captain in the French Navy, don't assume I don't know about the military.
 
Last edited:
This is entertaining (and, I think, representative of a real problem - knee-jerk reactions), so I'll keep it going...
pelastration said:
I counted 23 extra faces and deducted 5 faces (about the surface the Bush takes) = 17 extra faces.
So why to add 17 faces ... because of the little boy with it's flag? :cool:
Funning, but not the real reason. :wink:
Russ ... come on ... you know better.
C'mon, what is the "real reason?" Is this deception so horrible that you can't even say what it is?
 
russ_watters said:
This is entertaining (and, I think, representative of a real problem - knee-jerk reactions), so I'll keep it going... C'mon, what is the "real reason?" Is this deception so horrible that you can't even say what it is?
I should give the reason? :smile:
I can guess but can never be sure.
Whatever reason ... it shows that the Bushy guys adapt, change, manipulate ... FACTS. It seems to be a habit. A baaaaaaaad habit.
 
So... you can't see any deception (even though you said before that you could), but you think (want) there must be one? Nice.

...but wait - you said Bush manipulateds facts. What fact, specifically, did Bush manipulate here? Wait - then again, you also just said you didn't know. Hmm...
 
Polly said:
Are you serious? We are talking about, not just any commercial, but the commercial of a presidential candidate. We have a legitimate expectation of a higher level of integrity.


Since when? I don't remember any historical account of a campaign with anything resembling integrity...ever...People in the senate used to beat each other in heated debates, presidential politics has been entirely about pandering and spectacle since before Andrew Jackson was elected. You have no right to expect anything except the most vicious lies.
 
Evo said:
Ah, there's the key...they were "ordered" to go. How many do you think would have shown up if they weren't ordered to?
With a 70% support rate in the army and an slightly higher support rate with those overseas I think quite a few would show up and I don't think you can support that statement that they were "ordered" to go.

I am an ex military wife. My first husband was in Naval Intelligence at NISC in DC. I worked at the Navy Exchange. I spent a number of years living in condemned sub-standard military housing off Bolling Air Force Base in Washington DC. People in the military aren't robots and they do not mindlessly all support the President.

My brother was in the Army during the Vietnam War, as were many of my friends, my dad was in the Marines during WWII, my grandfather was a Captain in the French Navy, don't assume I don't know about the military.
Well, I'm sorry you had to live in sub-standard housing. For the almost 2 decades that we lived in military housing we always stayed in very nice homes...but that may have been because it was Air Force :wink: :biggrin: I still don't think you can support that they were "ordered" to go but if you do...I'll beg your forgiveness and publicly apologize :blushing: :redface: