False color overlays of the night sky from Australia

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fun Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
12,707
I like well done visual displays of science.

Lets see what other people can come up with!

Here's one I found, overlays of the night sky from Australia, in false color of a wide range of radiation frequencies.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Molar, Borg, DennisN and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
BillTre said:
I like well done visual displays of science.

Lets see what other people can come up with!

Here's one I found, overlays of the night sky from Australia, in false color of a wide range of radiation frequencies.
This is seriously, one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
 
You can download and 3D print out your own early universe (Only ours, not those other ones!), thanks to this guy.

Nice representation, but seems that all the bumps and colors should be on the inside since that is where it is observed from.
Also In guess its our observational horizon within the universe rather than the whole thing.