Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FAQ article procedures/approval process

1. Mar 18, 2013 #1
    I have been writing an article on Redshift. My original intention was a reference article.
    Article is located

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=4312703#post4312703

I was wondering what the process is to set an article as a sticky thread.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We will discuss this. Hopefully, we'll get back to you soon.

4. Mar 18, 2013 #3
    Thanks I will approve any needed corrections or editting that the MODS feel are suitable.
    That is if the article meets the forum standards

5. Mar 26, 2013 #4
    I am nearly complete on this article. Current revision on page 7 same thread as above.

The question of number of supportive references came up.
    For FAQ based reference. I would imagine there is a tighter definition of what counts as a reference. Some guidance on that would be helpful. Also what sections would the MODS feel need referencing. We have a rough list in the thread.

6. Mar 26, 2013 #5
    Thanks for your efforts Mordred!

7. Mar 26, 2013 #6

LOL judging from this I'd say I went into more than a little too much effort lol. Gonna take me a bit to get the article to conform to more of a FAQ than an essay. Assuming its possible lol.

Still I must admit I enjoyed writing it, the exercise taught me a lot in the way of little details, so either way I don't consider it a wasted effort.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook