Farewell Mr. Wizard - 89 Years of Legacy
- Topic: News
- Thread starter Integral
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Rip
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
RIP Mr Wizard! 

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
RIP Mr Wizard.
I wonder how many of today's scientists and engineers watched and were inspired by Mr. Wizard.
I wonder how many of today's scientists and engineers watched and were inspired by Mr. Wizard.
hypatia
- 1,192
- 10
Aww that's sad news, I loved his show.
- 7,530
- 3,056
some links are now on the PF blog: https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/2007/06/13/mr-wizard-don-herbert-1917-2007/
Last edited by a moderator:
Science Advisor
Dearly Missed
- 1,124
- 7
R.I.P. Mr.Wizard
Many "baby-boomer" scientists will recognize the name, Don Herbert,
aka, "Mr Wizard".
"Mr Wizard" had a wonderful TV show that explained the wonders of science to
young children.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Herbert
http://mrwizardstudios.com/
I'm sorry to report the passing of Don Herbert:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11006734
Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
Many "baby-boomer" scientists will recognize the name, Don Herbert,
aka, "Mr Wizard".
"Mr Wizard" had a wonderful TV show that explained the wonders of science to
young children.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Herbert
http://mrwizardstudios.com/
I'm sorry to report the passing of Don Herbert:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11006734
Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
theCandyman
- 397
- 2
He lived a long life, but it's still sad to hear of him dying, I used to watch his show on Nickelodeon.
ENGRedcupcake
- 22
- 0
Oh. wow. That's sad. I use to watch his show every morning b4 school on Nick.
Saladsamurai
- 3,009
- 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Similar threads
- Ivan Seeking
- · Replies 26 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 26
- Chrono
- · Replies 22 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 22
- Astronuc
- · Replies 1 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 1