What is the legacy of beloved journalist Ed Bradley?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rip
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
22,714
Reaction score
7,806
CBS and 60 Minutes Correspondent Ed Bradley died at age 65 from Leukemia
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2641304&page=1
Nov. 8, 2006 — Ed Bradley, the pre-eminent African-American TV journalist of his time, has died of complications from leukemia. He was 65.

The longtime correspondent for CBS News "60 Minutes," whose probing questions and salt-and-pepper beard distinguished him to millions of TV viewers, passed away this morning at Mount Sinai hospital in New York City. Two years ago, Bradley was diagnosed with leukemia and was in remission but he took a turn for the worse two weeks ago, contracting pneumonia and succumbing to the disease.

Bradley was fondly remembered by colleagues and fans. "He was the equal of everyone he interviewed which is why he got so much rich material out of them…because they knew he understood them," remembered ABC Nightline correspondent Vicki Mabrey, who worked with Bradley at CBS. "I used to call him Mr. Cool."
One of my favorite correspondents, although I have seriously watched 60 Minutes or CBS News in years. Mike Wallace and Dan Rather were a bit too much.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am sad to hear this. I've had immense respect for Ed Bradley.